Blog

VooServers Technical Blog

Potree Converter Install

11 February, 2016

Recently a client came to me with a custom dedicated server requirement to run a piece of software called Potree (www.potree.org) for rending 3D point clouds on the web for users to access and view data. This is a great piece of software however in trying to compile on CentOS Linux I came across the below error…

By    -   CEO, Technical Director

Read Story
VooServers Technical Blog

EU’s Cyber Security Bill

2 February, 2016

In December of last year, EU lawmakers agreed on new cyber security laws that are set to be in their final forms by Spring this year. The NIS (Network and Information Security) Directive will “impose new network and…

By    -   Web Strategist

Read Story
VooServers Technical Blog

Server Operating Systems… The Famous Five

5 January, 2016

When it comes to dedicated servers, choosing an Operating System to suit your needs is crucial. Here at VooServers we offer a variety of custom setups, but by far the most common requests at setup time are…

By    -   Head of Technical Projects

Read Story
VooServers Technical Blog

Wearable Tech within Business

29 December, 2015

Over the past year there has been a big buzz about wearable tech such as the Apple Watch and Google Glass; but do these products have any place in the work place or will they just impede your work flow and end up costing you

By    -   Web Strategist

Read Story
VooServers Technical Blog

Dedicated Server or Colocation

24 December, 2015

The question of whether to go for a dedicated server or collocating your own server or hardware is a question that we are often asked here at VooServers and 90% of the time cost is the main driver for colocation. The other 10% would be

By    -   CEO, Technical Director

Read Story
VooServers Technical Blog

What’s Changing With Windows Server 2016 Licensing

17 December, 2015

Microsoft have recently made available information detailing licensing changes for the upcoming release of Windows Server 2016. The main and most controversial change is the move from per-processor licensing to per-core licensing for both Windows Server 2016 Standard and Datacentre Editions. This will not only

By    -   Help Desk Analyst

Read Story